dimanche, juin 17

I've always thought about it that way. Funny I've never voiced it out before.

I love reading not because I'm intellectual. I love it because I'm an escapist. When you have your nose buried in a book, you can actually pretend that nothing else matters in the world except getting to the end of the story. A bit like watching TV. Not too lofty, but that's the truth.

My childhood dream was not to be a teacher, pilot or air stewardess, but to own a bookshop. I wouldn't have to drag myself to and from the library. I would have my own personal collection displayed as 'Not for sale', and I would be the first reader of every book that I sell in the shop. I would stock those hard-to-find titles. Then I would be able to keep reality out of the door, and I would read to live.

Maybe I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed recently, so my childhood instincts are taking over. The dream has been coming back to me, figuratively speaking.

Libellés : ,